Teeth that are infected can be saved with a root canal, which is a method of removing the dead and dying tissue inside the tooth. By doing this, we can prevent the spread of infection and save your natural tooth.
Root Canal Treatment may be needed when:
• The soft tissue inside the tooth (the pulp) becomes infected and inflamed
• Large cavities that have extended into the pulp of the tooth
• Trauma to the crown of the tooth that damages the pulp.
• Symptoms of pain and swelling on the tooth
• The tooth becomes sensitive to heat or cold
• The tooth is “dead” as indicated by a pulp vitality test